INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
Types of Information Collected.
- We may track and collect the following categories of information when you visit our Site: (1) IP addresses; (2) domain servers; (3) types of computers accessing the Site; and (4) types of web browsers used to access the Site (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on the Site. We also use “cookies” to customize content specific to your interests, to ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly, and to store your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site (see Section 4 below).
Uses of Information Collected.
- We use Contact Data to (i) provide Newsletters to Readers, (ii) to create and manage accounts for Artkive Customers and Members, (iii) provide customer service to Artkive Customers and Members, (iv) analyze our Readers’, Artkive Customers’ and Members’ usage of our Services, (v), send Readers, Artkive Customers and Members information about the Company and its Services, (vi) to contact Readers, Artkive Customers and Members for other legitimate business purposes.
- We collect Financial Information to charge Artkive Customers and Members for the Paid Services ordered, but we do not store or retain any of your Financial Information, except for the last four digits of your credit card. Your Financial Information is processed directly by the applicable third party processor through an API integration.
- We collect your Transaction History so that we can accurately track the orders you have placed and answer any questions you may have in connection with any charges made to your credit cards.
- We collect Traffic Data for the purpose of providing and improving the Service.
- We may link or combine the Personal Information we collect and/or receive about you and the Traffic Data we collect automatically during your visit to our website or use of certain of our Services. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience and helps us to continually work to improve our Services.
Retention of Information Collected.
We will only retain your Personal Information and other data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of our legitimate business interests and satisfying any legal or reporting requirements. For clarity, retention periods may be extended if we are required to preserve your information or data because of litigation, investigations and other similar proceedings, or if a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Third Party Data Processors.
Kive engages certain third parties that may process data submitted to Kive to perform certain business-related functions and to increase the functionality of our Services. For example, we use third parties for credit card processing and shipping purchases in the provision of our Services. Third party companies provide various other services to us, such as monitoring and analyzing how our Services are used or performing. When we engage another company to perform such functions, we may provide them with information, including Personal Information and Traffic Data in connection with their performance of such functions. These third parties may analyze the data we provide, combine that data with publicly available data, and provide us with access to their analysis and reports. The chart below lists our third party data processors (or type of data processor), a description of the service they provide, types of Users from whom the processors may process data, and the type of data processed by each processor. The chart may be updated by Kive from time to time:
Types of Users Categories of Data Third Party Processors (and description of business services provided) Viewer Reader Artkive Customer Member Traffic Data Contact Data Financial Data Google LLC (for analytics) X X X X X Facebook, Inc. (for analytics) X X X X X Amazon Web Services, Inc. (for database storage) X X X X X Mixpanel, Inc. (for analytics) X X X X X Authorize.Net (for payment processing) X X X X Heartland Payment Systems (for payment processing) X X X X The Rocket Science Group DBA Mailchimp (for Newsletters) X X X X X USPS, FedEx, UPS (for shipping) X X Certain Company-trusted United States-based fulfillment companies (for order fulfillment) X X Certain Company-trusted United States-based printers (for printing) X X
- To the extent these third parties have access to any of your data, and especially your Personal Information or a combination of data that is deemed to be personally identifiable, please know that they are contractually (i) limited to only use this data to perform specific tasks on our behalf and (ii) obligated not to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
- For your information, Google LLC recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Types of Information Collected.
YOUR RIGHTS AND THE COMPANY’S LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- User Rights. Users who wish to correct, update, change, or erase the Personal Information they submit to Company may do so through their account or by contacting the Company in writing.
- Information Requests. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. Again, you may access, correct or request deletion of your personal information by logging into your account, or by contacting us. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
- The Company’s Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information. We process Personal Information of our Users for the following reasons:
- Processing Personal Information is necessary for entering into and performing a contract with you. In order to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a Service to you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your Personal Information.
- Processing Personal Information is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests. Either we, or a third party, will need to process your Personal Information for the purposes of our (or a third party's) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your Personal Information protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and inquiries from you or a third party, optimizing our website and customer experience, informing you about our products and services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner.
- Processing Personal Information is necessary to obtain your consent. In some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your Personal Information in a particular way. To the extent that we are processing your Personal Information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us through the methods provided below.
- Reason for Cookies. Cookies offer you many conveniences. They allow us to identify registered Users when they return to the site so that they can retrieve previous image search results and view their previous account balances. Cookies also save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
- Accepting and Declining Cookies. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies but you will be able to perform basic navigation through the site.
- Other Tracking. In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies, including single-pixel gifs (also known as web beacons) on our websites and in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters. These tiny electronic images assist us in determining how many Visitors have visited certain pages or opened messages or newsletters. We do not use these images to collect Personal Information.
- Do Not Track. The Company does not track its Users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
- Compliance with Opting-Out. In compliance with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography And Marketing Act of 2003, Company will honor User unsubscribe requests within ten (10) days of receipt of such request.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Industry Standards. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your Personal Information including without limitation:
- limiting access to your Personal Information to those of our employees who require it to provide services to you;
- requiring employees to sign confidentiality agreements to protect customer and other confidential information;
- ensuring that third-party service providers sign confidentiality agreements to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information and not to use it for any unauthorized purposes; and
- storing your Personal Information in secure computer systems which protect it from unauthorized access or use.
- No Guarantee. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Passwords. If a password is used to protect your account and Personal Information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
- Lost or Stolen Information. You must promptly notify us if your username or password is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that username or password from your account and update our records accordingly.
- Public Information. The Website and App may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. In our sole discretion, we may also make comment sections available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information.
We may link to websites, including those of our subsidiaries and third-party content providers, which have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites, and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.
SHARING AND TRANFERRING INFORMATION
- Complaints. If you live or work in the EU, you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with your applicable supervisory authority. A list of relevant authorities in the EEA and the European Free Trade Area can be accessed here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your child has, somehow, provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
YOUR CANADIAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
Compliance with EEA Requirements. If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of Personal Information to recipients in countries outside of the EEA, including the USA. In all such cases, we will only transfer your personal data if:
- The country to which the personal data will be transferred has been granted a European Commission adequacy decision;
- The recipient of the personal data is located in the U.S. and has certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework; or
- We have put in place appropriate safeguards with respect to the transfer, for example the EU Model Clauses.
- Requests Safeguards by EEA Users. If you are located in the EEA, you may request a copy of the safeguards that we have put in place in respect of any applicable transfers of personal data by contacting us as described in the Contact Us section below.
EEA User Rights. If you are located in the EEA, you may have the following rights in respect of your Personal Information that we hold:
- Right of access. The right to obtain access to your Personal Information along with certain information.
- Right of portability. The right to receive your Personal Information in a commonly used format and to have it ported to another data controller.
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your Personal Information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the Personal Information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the Personal Information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that Personal Information.
- Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Information, and to object to processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
- Exercising Rights. For additional information, assistance with any problems accessing your information or if you wish to exercise one of these rights set forth in Section 12.3, please contact us at email@example.com.